REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
Click on above logo WHY YOU SHOULD BELONG
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" button.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy, together with your dues payment of $40. (Applications are also available at the Post.) Mail to:
(Click this link for DD214 Discharge Application)
3. Membership Dues Payment. Dues for Post 221 are $40 per year. Make checks payable to American Legion Post 221. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see membership eligibility.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid, please include your $40 membership dues.
If you have served federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving - you are eligible for membership in The American Legion!
*Because eligibility dates remain open, all active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
**U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop at the Post.
Click on the gold star "Application" menu button for an online application form.